Internet Banking Service Agreement
This Agreement governs the use of the Carrollton Bank Internet Banking service. By subscribing to the service or using the service to access account information, or to make any transfer between accounts or payment to a third party, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. The words “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Carrollton Bank, the Bank, which holds the deposit accounts accessed by the service in its sole discretion, involved in the provision of the service. The words “you” and “your” refer to each person subscribing to the service and each person who uses the service with the permission of the subscriber.
Much of our relationship with you is regulated by state and federal law, including the Uniform Commercial Code, and regulations of the Federal Reserve System, other regulatory agencies and clearinghouse associations. These laws and regulations, as well as the terms of the Agreement, may change from time to time without notice to you unless required by law. Your continued use of the service following receipt of the Agreement or notice of a change is considered acceptance of the Agreement or change. Notice of a change may be made by mail or electronically. Some of the transactions permitted under this Agreement are governed by the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and some terms and conditions included in the Agreement are required by this Act.
Internet Banking Features
Carrollton Bank Internet Banking services provides you the following features:
• Instant Enrollment
• Secure Login
• Real-time Account Balances and Information
• Express Transfer
• Schedule Transfer
• Change security data
• View and print front and back of check images (current and immediate previous statement cycles)
Computer Equipment and Software
You are solely responsible for the maintenance, installations and operation of your computer and for the software used in accessing Internet Banking. The Bank shall not be responsible for any errors, deletions, or failures that occur as a result of any malfunction of your computer or software, nor will the Bank be responsible for any computer virus that affects your computer or the software while using Internet Banking.
Additionally, you must have an Internet Service Provider and a Browser to utilize the Internet Banking through the Internet. It will be your responsibility to establish Internet Service through a Provider. Any costs or fees from your Internet provider are solely your responsibility.
This list refers to production versions of publicly released browsers that are compatible with Carrollton Bank’s Internet Banking System. You must meet the operating system and hardware requirements stated by the developers of each supported browser. Browsers are tested and qualified with Internet Banking, not the operating system or hardware platforms they run on. The versions listed below are the minimum required, but it is recommended that you update to the latest versions.
• Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 6.0 SP2 or higher.
• Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher.
• Netscape Navigator 7.0 or higher.
• Opera version 9.0 or higher.
• Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 or higher.
• Netscape Navigator 7.0 or higher.
• Opera version 9.0 or higher.
• Apple Safari 1.2.1 or higher
Any browser that is not listed in the Supported Browser list is unsupported. That does not mean that it will not work with Carrollton Bank’s Internet Banking, just that it is not specifically tested to ensure that it fully functions with Internet Banking.
You understand that the Bank has implemented a security procedure for the purpose of verifying the authenticity of the payment instructions transmitted to the Bank by you and not for the purpose of detecting errors in such instructions. The security procedure consists of a unique user identification and a transmission password. In an effort to provide the highest degree of confidentiality and security, the Bank requires the use of browsers that provide encryption using a 128-bit key. You agree that this procedure constitutes a commercially reasonable method of providing security against unauthorized instructions. You agree to be bound by any instruction issued by you and received and verified by the Bank in accordance with such security procedure. In addition, you shall indemnify and hold the Bank harmless from and against any loss suffered or liability incurred by, or arising from the execution of instructions in good faith and in compliance with such security procedure.
• Install, use and keep regularly updated anti-virus and anti-spyware software on every computer used in your place of residence.
• Keep operating systems up to date on all recommended patches and updates.
• Control physical access to your computers and network components.
The basis for this information is published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology http://csrc.nist.gov/index.html (an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce) in their Computer Security Resource Center. Here is a link to the publication if you would like additional information http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistir/ir7621/nistir-7621.pdf.
User Identification (ID) and Password
You will be required to establish a unique User ID and Password prior to being able to access the Internet Banking website. Your User ID and Password identify and authenticate you to Carrollton Bank when you use Internet Banking. User ID numbers may only be obtained by customers who have existing accounts with Carrollton Bank. Upon establishing a User ID and Password you agree to:
a) not disclose your User ID and Password or otherwise make it available to anyone else;
b) use your User ID and Password as instructed in the account disclosure;
c) immediately notify us of any loss or theft of your User ID and Password; and
d) be liable for your User Id and Password and for its authorized use and for its unauthorized use as described in your agreement.
e) Carrollton Bank will not, at any time, ask for your login/password (unless you call the bank directly). If anyone requests this information, contact the bank immediately.
Unless you notify us as provided in this agreement, you acknowledge that we are entitled to rely on the use of your User ID and Password as your authorization for any transaction through Internet Banking. You are responsible for all transactions you initiate or authorize using Internet Banking. If you permit any other person to use the services provided by Internet Banking or your User ID and Password, you will have authorized that person to access your accounts and you are responsible for any transaction that person initiates or authorizes from your accounts.
This security feature is designed to protect the privacy and security of your personal information. The display of the extended validation certificates verifies you are at our Web Site, not a fraudulent look-alike site. The challenge questions/answers are used to identify you and prevent unauthorized access to your information. Registering the computer(s) you normally use to access your information provides additional security to verify your identity.
• The email address appears as stored in Internet Banking. If this area is blank, enter your valid contact email address and confirm it. If the email address displayed is invalid, it can be corrected after completing the Layered enrollment and you have access to your accounts. To correct your email address, select “Change E-mail Address” from the Options button and complete the required information.
• Select each Challenge Question and provide your answer, up to 83 characters. The Challenge Questions may be used to authenticate the user when accessing Internet Banking from a non-registered computer.
• Select an option to register the computer you are currently using. The first option. “This is a Personal Computer. Register it.”, is selected for the computer used most often to access your accounts via Internet Banking. You may register more than one computer. The second option. “This is a Public Computer. Do Not Register it.”, is selected when you are accessing your accounts from a computer used for a one-time access, such as from an Internet café or library.
• The extended validation certificate will change the website URL address bar to green providing customers with visual confirmation that they are on a valid website.
• Extended validation certificates also provide a special field that appears with the name of the legitimate website owner.
• Keep in mind that each browser displays the extended validation certificate differently.
A firewall serves as a security gate between the Internet and our network that inspects data passing through it, and denies or permits passage based on a set of rules. By interpreting the data first, the firewall ensures that only data permitted by our rule set may be passed beyond the public internet to our secure web commerce server, and ultimately to the Internet Banking application.
To subscribe to Internet Banking, you must maintain at least one deposit account with the Bank which may include the following types of accounts: Demand Deposit, Savings, Money Market, Certificate of Deposit collectively and individually. Internet Banking will allow you to access more than one account to view account balance and transaction information, and transfer funds among designated accounts.
In order to access the bill payment function, you must have an established checking account (Demand Deposit). Although you may currently have a different type of account with us, the Demand Deposit is the only account accessible for the bill payment function. This decision is based on Regulation D, which limits the number of withdrawals made from certain types of accounts. The Demand Deposit may be used for all types of withdrawal purposes as needed.
Electronic Bill Pay
You may specify the date by which you want the payment to be made (“Payment Date”). That day can be any Business Day up to 365 days in the future Items paid electronically will process the following business day; items paid via a paper draft may take up to 5 business days to process. All bills submitted after 4:00pm (Monday through Friday), CST will be posted on the next business day. Payments will be mailed on the next business morning after the payment date that you specify when creating the payment. Depending on the U.S. Postal Service, or other commercial delivery service, and the manner in which the Payee processes the check and online check payment may post to your account before the payment date. If more than one online check payment is presented to us on the same date, we will, in our sole discretion, determine the order in which these payments are processed.
While most Payees can be reached through our Internet Banking, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to designate any particular Payee or class of Payees. We shall have a reasonable opportunity to act before changes to your Payee list are effective. Funds are available for transfers and payments in accordance with our Funds Availability Policy contained in our Deposit Account Information Agreement. If there are not sufficient available funds in the payment account to make payments you have authorized, we may either refuse to honor payment requests or may make the payment and thereby overdraw the payment account. In either event, you will pay on demand the negative balance and are responsible for any insufficient funds and return item charges. If you have overdraft checking privileges with us, you are bound by the rules and regulations, which apply to that credit privilege. If we refuse to honor a payment request due to insufficient available funds, the bill payment will be canceled and will not make the payment at a later date. We will not be liable to you if a Payee cannot or will not accept a payment made through our service. You agree to notify us promptly if you receive notice from a Payee that a payment you made using the service has not been completed or remains unpaid.
Statements are a valuable tool to help prevent fraudulent or mistaken transfers. Your statement will show transactions that occurred in connection with your account during the statement period. Your statement will provide sufficient information for you to reasonable identify the items paid (item number, amount, and date of payment). You should keep a record of each transaction as if it is made so that when we give you the information in the statement, you will have a complete understanding of each transaction listed.
You have responsibilities in connection with your statement. You must examine your statement with “reasonable promptness.” Also, if you discover or reasonably should have discovered any unauthorized signatures or alterations, you must promptly notify us of the relevant facts. As between you and us, if you fail to do either of these duties, you must bear the loss entirely yourself. The loss you might bear, in whole or in part, could be not only with respect to items listed on the statement but also other items with unauthorized signatures or alteration by the same wrongdoer. Upon notification, the Bank will open an investigation and notify you of the outcome.
You agree that the time you have to examine your statement and report to us will depend on the circumstances, but you will not, in any circumstances, have a total of more than 60 days from when we first send or make the statement available to you.
You further agree that if you fail to report any unauthorized signatures, alterations, or any other errors in your account within 60 days of when we first send or make the statement available, you cannot assert a claim against us or on any items in that statement. This 60-day limitation is without regard to whether we exercised ordinary care. The limitation in this paragraph is in addition to those contained in the second paragraph of this section. Contact us by calling 217-942-9106 option 1 if you do not receive your regular statement or to report any irregularities.
You agree we may provide you with all disclosures, notices and other communications about the Service and any future amendments, in electronic form. We will provide all future notices by posting them on the website. At your request, we will provide you with a paper copy of any of the documents posted electronically without any fee by calling us at 217-942-9106 option 1. The bank cannot guarantee the receipt of the notices.
Daily Processing Deadlines
Account information displayed through Internet Banking is “Real Time”. Funds transfers between accounts initiated on your computer using Internet Banking, and received by the Bank by 4:00pm CST Monday through Friday will be effective on the current business day. Funds transfers processed on your computer using Internet Banking, and received after 4:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday or all day Saturday, Sunday, and banking holidays will be effective the following business day.
Charges and Limits of Transactions
Carrollton Bank does not charge a monthly service charge for Internet Banking access or the Online Bill Payment ability. This fee structure is subject to change. In the event of a change, you will be notified 30 days in advance.
By federal regulation, transfers from a money market deposit account or a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to six per month or statement cycle with no more than three by check, debit card or similar order to third parties. Transfers between your deposit accounts are considered pre-authorized transfers.
Electronic Mail (e-mail)
Although you may currently have e-mail capabilities, it is important to remember that normal Internet e-mail transmissions may not be secure. You agree to receive communications regarding your account electronically and will not attempt to circumvent receiving any messages. You are deemed to have received any electronic messages sent to you when they are made available to you.
In addition, we may not immediately receive e-mail that you send. We will have a reasonable opportunity to act before taking action on your e-mail requests. You cannot use e-mail to make a bill payment, account inquiry, stop payment, report unauthorized use of User ID and Password, report an unauthorized transaction or engage in a funds transfer. You must notify us by calling or writing us at the phone number or address listed below:
315 Sixth Street
Carrollton IL 62016
Attn: Internet Banking Department
Electronic Funds Transfer Act
Some of the terms set forth below are governed by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFT) which is only applicable to consumers. Commercial account holders are not entitled to the rights provided under this act.
The bank will mail or deliver to you monthly account statements for your bank accounts. The Bank will include any transfers or bill payments you authorize through Internet Banking on your statements. You agree to review your periodic statement in accordance with this agreement and any other deposit or credit agreements governing you account, for accuracy of all data transmitted through the online system. You should promptly notify the Bank of any discrepancies, including but not limited to, any errors or inaccuracies related to data transmitted by any online service.
If you have set up bill payments through Internet Banking, you may alter or change the payment order until the payment is processed. If you are unable to cancel or change the payment, you may place a stop payment on the item by completing the necessary Indemnity Bond and Stop Payment documentation. If you would rather, you may call or write us in time for us to receive the request three business days or more before the payment is processed. We will charge you $25.00 for each stop payment order you give. If you request that we stop one or more of these pre-authorized debits three business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Our Bank’s business days are Monday through Friday; Federal holidays on which our offices are closed are not considered business days. You may access your account information through Internet Banking 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except for interruptions due to maintenance or matters beyond the Bank’s control.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
1. Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
2. In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
3. In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
4. If you give us your written permission.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from you account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
1. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
2. If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
3. If the [terminal] [system] was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
4. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
5. There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
You shall be responsible for all transfers and electronic bill payments you authorize through Internet Banking. You shall also be responsible for all transactions initiated by persons to whom you have given your password.
Tell us at once if you believe your user ID or password has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of minimizing possible losses. Failure to notify the Bank could result in the loss of all money in your account plus your maximum line of credit, if you have one. If you report to the Bank within two (2) business days, the loss sustained by you will be no more than $50 if your password is used without your permission. If you do not report to the Bank within two business days after learning of the loss or theft of the password, and the Bank can prove that it could have prevented someone from using the password without your permission had we been notified, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if the statement shows electronic transfers you did not make, report them to the Bank at once. If you do not tell the Bank within 60 days after the statement was mailed, you may lose all of the money transferred after the 60 days if the Bank can prove that it could have prevented the loss had you reported it promptly. The Bank may extend the time periods for a good reason, such as a long trip or hospital stay, which might keep you from notifying the Bank.
Electronic Fund Transfer Error Resolution
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, or if you feel that any statement or receipt is wrong, or you wish to have more information about a transfer listed on a statement or receipt, contact us in writing or by telephone. Our information is as follows:
315 Sixth Street
Carrollton IL 62016
We must hear from you within sixty (60) days after we send you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. When you contact us,
1) Tell us your name and account number. (Do not tell us your password.)
2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3) Tell us the dollar amount and the item reference number of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. An account is considered a new account for 30 days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new customer.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Unauthorized Transactions or Loss or Theft of Your Internet Banking ID of Password
If you believe your Internet Banking ID or Password or other means of access have been lost or stolen or that someone has used them without your attention, call us immediately at 217-942-9106 option 1 or write to us at:
315 6th St.
Carrollton, IL 62016
Attn: Internet Banking
Immediately contacting us by phone is the best way of reducing your possible losses, since not all mail may arrive at its destination in a timely manner. If you notify us of a loss, your liability for unauthorized transactions or payments will be as follows:
• If you contact us within two business days of the loss or your discovery of the loss, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Access ID and Password without your permission.
• If someone else used your Access ID and Password without your permission you could lose as much as $500 if you don’t contact us within two business days after you learn of the loss and we can prove that we could have prevented the loss if you had contacted us.
• If your statement shows transfers or payments that you did not make, notify us at once. If you do not tell us with sixty (60) days after the first statement showing such a transfer was mailed to you, you may not get back any funds lost after the 60 days, if we can prove your contacting us would have prevented those losses.
• If you have given someone your Access ID and Password or other means of access and want to terminate that person’s authority, you must change your identification number and Password or other means of access or take additional steps to prevent further access by such person.
Stop Payments of Preauthorized Funds Transfers (EFT)
• You must notify us orally or in writing up to three business days before the scheduled date of the transfer.
• We require written confirmation of an oral stop payment within 14 days of your oral confirmation. If you fail to provide a written confirmation the oral stop payment will cease to be binding after 14 days.
Carrollton Bank understands how important privacy is to our customers. We have taken steps to insure your security and privacy for your personal and financial dealing with the bank. Our customer privacy statement can be obtained at
Customer Usage and Responsibilities
The customer warrants and covenants that he/she will use the Bank’s Internet services for consumer, personal, or household purposes. The customer acknowledges that changes in technology, software, Bank policies and procedures, or other developments may require modifications of (or new or additional) customer hardware which you will be solely responsible for upgrading, at your cost and expense, if you desire to make continued use of the Bank’s Internet services.
No Signature Requirements
When any payment or other online service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we may debit the designated account, or the account on which the item is drawn, without requiring your signature on the item and without any notice to you.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
Information to third parties about your account(s) or the transaction(s) you make will only be disclosed if at least one of the following applies:
1. It is necessary to complete a transaction.
2. To verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant.
3. To comply with a governmental agency or court order.
4. If permission is given to us by you, which we may require to be in writing.
5. To collect information for internal use, the use of our service providers, and our servicing agents and contractors concerning our electronic funds transfer service.
6. It involves a claim by or against us concerning a deposit to or withdrawal from your account.
7. Where otherwise required or permitted under state or federal laws and/or regulations.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Carrollton Bank makes no warranties or representations with respect to Internet services program, expresses or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties or fitness for a particular purpose.
Other General Terms
This agreement is intended to supplement and not to replace other agreements between you and us relating to your accounts, including, without limitation, our Deposit Account Rules, ACH Agreements and Wire Transfer Agreements. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any other account rules and agreements that apply to your accounts or the functions performed using “Personal Online Banking”, or any statements made by employees or agents this Agreement shall govern and prevail.
We may change the Internet Banking services and the terms, including fees, set forth in this agreement at any time. You will be notified of any such change as required by applicable law, either by mail or by an electronic message. You understand that by using after a change becomes effective, you have agreed to it.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state indicated below and, where applicable, by federal law. Any issue relating to an account or service with Carrollton Bank shall be governed by the law(s) specified in the agreement for that account or service if there is a separate agreement for that account or service. Carrollton Bank is currently located in Illinois and Missouri.
This Agreement may not be assigned to any other party by you. We may assign or delegate, in part or whole, to any third party.
The Bank shall be responsible for performing services expressly provided for in this agreement and shall not be liable for any error or delay so long as the Bank has acted in accordance with the terms and conditions hereof. The Bank shall not be liable if you do not have sufficient funds in a designated account to complete the transaction you initiate or if the account is closed.
The Bank shall not be liable if you have not given us complete, correct or current transfer or payment instructions or if you have not followed proper instructions given through Internet Banking or software used. The Bank shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, liability or claim arising, directly or indirectly from any error, delay or failure in performance of any of its obligations hereunder which is caused by fire or other natural disaster, strike, civil unrest, any inoperability of communications facilities or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Bank.
Termination of Agreement
This agreement will remain in effect until you or Carrollton Bank terminates it. We may cancel this agreement and terminate your use of Internet Banking for any reason, at any time. Both parties agree to provide sufficient notice of termination to the other party.
If you wish to cancel your Internet Banking and/or Bill Pay service(s) you may do so by contacting the bank by phone at 217-942-9106, option 1, or write to us at:
315 6th St.
Carrollton, IL 62016
Attn: Internet Banking
Additionally, if you do not use the online banking service for any consecutive three month period we may terminate your online banking service.
We recommend that you print a copy of this agreement for your records.
Before subscribing to the Carrollton Bank Online Banking service (the “Service”), you must read and indicate your acceptance of the following terms
1. Your consent to this Service is valid for as long as you remain a subscriber to this Service.
2. You have the right to withdraw from this service at any time. To withdraw from this Service and its associated terms you must contact us at 217-942-9106.
3. You assume responsibility for keeping your contact information up to date. If you change any of this information, you must update it on this Service.
4. Notifications and other correspondence will be sent to your email address on record. You assume responsibility for providing a valid email address and retrieving messages from your email account.
5. We will keep you informed of any hardware or software changes that may affect how we store or use your personal information. In addition, we will notify you, via email, of any changes that affect our Privacy and Security Policies. You have the right to terminate this service at any time if you do not agree with any stated policies or procedures.
6. You will need to use a browser with a minimum of 800x600 screen resolution for optimal results. The Service may not produce desired results using other browser versions.